Howdy! Sorry that things are a bit slow just now. It's really down to the usual causes -
1) RS has started imposing absolutely insane limitations. This has been a source of irritation all around.
2) Blogger has made changes which have forced me to write the html for all of the posts for the past several months one at a time - by hand - rather than through the usual means that I enjoyed for years. What an enormous pain.
3) We got to the end of my PF audio collection. I was going to start sharing DVDs, but see reason #1.
4) My RS account is just about to expire. Not planning to renew, because of reason #1.
5) Blogger won't allow me to add additional subscribers to the blog. It's now open to the public - which I did not want to do, which is why we moved over from JAC in the first place.
6) I have been working entirely too much.
7) Not many people were downloading. Each show is being downloaded fewer than 10 times.
I think that I will start cataloging shows by Gandalf Murphy. I have hundreds of them lying around. They're in need.
I would love to continue to be a resource for anyone looking for PF material. Please just contact me & we'll work out the details.
18 comments:
Happy new year Dr...My hard drive died on me early on this year so have been downloading as best as i can..Again happy new year
Happy New Year! Still an amazing site, and as always, thank you for all your hard work! ^v^
Tony
This is a such a strong bootleg source it should not be let to just fade away. You have worked too hard and have so many people you haven't touched yet, you can't give it up. I understand your distain, I'm currently supporting a fledgling forum with my uploads, many sourced from yourself. I do not get many thank you's and some posts are rarely downloaded. But you must remember the collectors and lovers of the music. I hope you find a way to keep the current library available, seeing as you have remarkably catalogued most of Floyds tours. This blog, your blog, is vital to life of Pink Floyds Bootleg history. Please find a way to keep the boots circulating. I'm doing MY best. :)
Best Wishes Dr. Forrester.
Happy New Year.
Dear Dr.
I know how it is hard to maintain such excellent blog face to changes in filehosters and bloghosters policies. I am also seriously disappointed by RS service and will not renew my account on RS once the expiration date will be reached in few weeks. We have to wait for new Me-ga service coming in next weeks to see how it will be fast and reliable. There are still many PF IFWT DVDs that are missing in my collection and you may probably help for some of them hopefully, but there is no hurry for this. We need to find a better/safer/fast filehost service at first. Just please don't give up and keep in touch through pm ;-)
I wish you a healthy new year 2013 and success in all your personal and professional projects.
Cheers my friend.
Thanks for filling in those gaps in my collection Doc, and good luck in whatever you decide to do.
Hi Doc,
I wasn't really planning to disappear. My Mom had cancer and died in August. Right afterward, my desktop tower quit working. It is full of your downloads. My brother says he can retrieve the data. But that is still pending. It was a psychological defeat that still has me reeling in this creeping malaise. I really appreciate all the pinkness...it is without equal. And, if the public becomes too much to bear, any resolve will be respected. So, peace brother, Happy New Year...and THANK YOU!!!
HI Dr. F,
Hope you'll come back some day! Thanks for all the great music and vids.
We miss you.
~Christian
Hi Doc,
I read your message on your blog, and as I said previuosly, I really be sorry about everything you mentioned.
Of course, I also would like to continue to share “through you” resources with anyone looking for PF material. I try actually to make some order in my data base. Almost 4 To of bootlegs – including RW, DG, SB, RW & NM’s bootlegs - is something complicated to order.
Please let me know how to continue to share with all PF’s fan.
But in all cases, I wish you all the happiness, good health and PF material you need for 2013! Keep up the good work!
Best regards.
Muadib
My sympathies to Kwai Chang. My mother also passed away some months ago. Now that my head is clearing, I find great pleasure in music and will miss this great website if it disappears. Thank you Dr. F and others for all that you have shared.
If you're interested, the dude who created MegaUpload has started a new site called Mega.
https://mega.co.nz/
If you're interested, the dude who created MegaUpload has started a new site that just went public, called Mega...
https://mega.co.nz/
Read that also bobbydjr. Hope the good Dr may be able to do something
Hi Doc,
I've been trying to download some of the boots from your previous posts, but everytime I do, I get a message saying "Download permission denied by uploader". Is this because of the RS limits that you mentioned?
Anyway, hope the blog will return in some form.
~Christian
RS has changed their policies - again. Now, I have to individually allow each user access to each file. Obviously, that's not going to happen.
I invite you - and anyone else - to contact me directly. I have been filling hard drives for people for a while now with great success.
"I have been filling hard drives for people for a while now with great success."
I can vouch for that. I took Dr. up on his offer and got a ton of boots back on HD's I sent him. And in quick time, may I say. So if you have the ability to do the same, I suggest you do it. Definitely worth more than the postage it takes to ship them back and forth.
One of my favorites, which i haven't seen here.
http://www.mediafire.com/?7899aqb2rn385
Pink Floyd Moscow 89 DVD
6-3-89
http://www.pf-db.com/index.php?concert_id=1144&bootleg_id=4193
Just to try to keep things alive.
Hello Dr. Forrester !
I do not know if here is the good place to thank you, but I use the present window.
I really want to thank you Dr. Forrester for your kindness and concerns for others. I mean, the great music you are sharing, the quantity of all the albums, is equal to your great valuable heart ! (Maybe this is a bad french translation)...
But from the bottom of my heart, I say THANK YOU for all the time you took to add cones, your patience and honesty !!! I can appreciate the rarity of these albums that I am just discovering after all those years. Words can't just express the meaning of my appreciation. Thank you again Dr. Forrester.
Lyne
Doc I want to thank you for sharing these boots with us!!!
I found instructions how to make the link public so that the links will become usable...
1. Login to your RapidShare account.
2. Under My Files, create a new folder by clicking New Folder button. Name it whatever you want.
Note:
By default, all new created folders are set to private.
3. Still in Create Folder window, there are three tick boxes under Public Access field, tick the first (Users are allowed to see the folder content) and second box (Users are allowed to download data from this folder).
You may get an error like this:
”To share folders, please select a folder and user alias in your account settings.”
To fix it, just click the account settings link and you'll be redirected to account overview page. Find User Alias under Shared folders then click the Edit link. Type in your preferred alias then click Save.
4. Click Create.
5. Folder will now show up in My Folders list. You'll notice that the folder icon is changed. It means that the folder is now accessible to the public.Can I change the access right of My Folders instead? The answer is no. My Folder is considered as root folder and it doesn’t have an access right option.
6. Now, move your files to that folder. You can do it one at a time or by batch. It's up to you.
To move files to folder, put check mark in the boxes beside file icons then click Menu button -> Move. Select the folder you have created then click OK.
7. Now, right-click the folder name at the right side then copy the Link to user page URL. You may also get the folder link through Privileges option. Then check as well if “Apply settings to subfolders” option is enabled.
Post a Comment