6/2/1994 - Philadelphia, PA.,Veterans Stadium Source: Some pocket recorder w/built in mic.>CASS[1]>DAT>CDR
Philly Vol.1
All three volumes come from 1st gen tapes that I archived to DAT.They were all done by the same taper and I would guess in the same location for every night.The sound itself is surprisingly good considering but the recorder doesnt always handle some frequencies very well and other times the speed will flux for a moment probably due to bumping or something.The second night starts out the roughest in that respect but seems to smooth out by the end.There are cuts here and there for each night.Mainly tape flips between songs and nothing major so I wont bother listing specific details here.Overall,not a bad set to have especially if you attended the shows.Enjoy.
Disc One - 72:54
1) Astronomy Domine - 5:15 2) Learning To Fly - 5:54 3) What Do You Want From Me - 4:15 4) On The Turning Away - 7:13 5) Take It Back - 6:21 6) Poles Apart - 7:15 7) Sorrow - 10:56 8) Keep Talking - 6:48 9) One Of These Days - 7:31 10) Shine On You Crazy Diamond - 11:26
Disc Two - 76:39
1) Breathe - 2:52 2) Time~Breathe (reprise) - 6:37 3) High Hopes - 8:15 4) The Great Gig In The Sky - 5:19 5) Wish You Were Here - 5:40 6) Us And Them - 6:27 7) Money - 9:04 8) Another Brick In The Wall - part 2 -7:06 9) Comfortably Numb - 11:14 10) Hey You - 5:21 11) Run Like Hell - 8:44
Recording and MC Transfer to digital by Doinker Transfer, editing and lossless compression by mtownshend
Set List: Set One: [04:12]01. Astronomy Domine *!! [05:48]02. Learning To Fly [04:09]03. What Do You Want From Me [07:04]04. On The Turning Away [06:05]05. Take It Back [07:09]06. Poles Apart % [10:45]07. Sorrow [06:06]08. Keep Talking [07:09]09. One Of These Days
Set Two: [10:58]10. Shine On You Crazy Diamond Disc One Time [01:09:25]
Disk Two: [02:44]01. Breathe -> [06:38]02. Time [08:01]03. High Hopes [05:22]04. The Great Gig In The Sky [05:35]05. Wish You Were Here [06:07]06. Us And Them [08:28]07. Money % [06:47]08. Another Brick In The Wall - Part 2 [01:50]09. Crowd # [10:35]10. Comfortably Numb
Encores: [01:27]11. Crowd and Banter [04:28]12. Hey You [00:34]13. Crowd and vamping [01:50]14. Run Like Hell Intro (with Crowd) [05:00]15. Run Like Hell
Disc Two Time [01:17:03] Total Time [02:26:28]
Notes: If you remove the three crowd tracks in the second set, you will have exactly enough room to burn this on a 74min disk (73 and some change), so to get it all, you need an 80 minute CD for the second disk.
% Tape Flip
* The start of the show and a few times during the first half, the mics were slightly jostled or moved out of sight for a second or two. I minimized as much as I was comfortable, but you will hear what sounds like a light breeze, that is the mic. movement.
! Where to start...There was a Guy and a girl next to and/or behind the mics. The guy was intent on ruining this recording, he yelled, talked, tapped and whistled into those mics, the levels were apparently set to peak to this guys belligerence. Then there is this girl next to the mics that put the drunk guy to shame, she carried on what seemed like a continuous conversation, taking short breaks to scream madly. The girl's screaming schrill was as annoying as it gets, but the guy behind Doinker takes the cake. The title of this source initially was Kill The Bitch!, but I managed to move her into a box and the primary desire was to Kill That Bastard!
I did what I was comfortable with as far as minimizing this immediate crowd noise issue. The end result, spacialy, was that the mics were virtually moved away from these sources. So you can hear them, but they are not 90% of the recording any more. With the bitch in the box and the beligerant bastard dominating, I focused on the task to kill the bastard and get it over with!
Once I was able to get control of the gain structure, the rest was just graphical edits, fades, crossfades, ozone4, but I can say that there were well over 100 or 200 individual edits to tame the recording.
These manipulations are not very apparent most of the time, but during extreme sections, you may hear a lowering of the gain for a second or two.
when you were away for a few days you posted a number of concerts (I don't think you mean what I mean when I go away for a few days!) One of these was a third concert for this date, but when I attempted to download it rapidshare said file not found. And now you don't have a third recording for this date. Was this an error, or something wrong with the recording, and it will eventually turn up here? By the way, many many thanks, from one old man to another.
Upon my return, I discovered that I had uploaded duplicates of 2 concerts. This was one of those. I simply removed the unnecessary file when I created the "official" post.
4 comments:
Version 1 -
6/2/1994 - Philadelphia, PA.,Veterans Stadium
Source:
Some pocket recorder w/built in mic.>CASS[1]>DAT>CDR
Philly Vol.1
All three volumes come from 1st gen tapes that I archived to DAT.They were all done by the same taper and I would guess in the same location for every night.The sound itself is surprisingly good considering but the recorder doesnt always handle some frequencies very well and other times the speed will flux for a moment probably due to bumping or something.The second night starts out the roughest in that respect but seems to smooth out by the end.There are cuts here and there for each night.Mainly tape flips between songs and nothing major so I wont bother listing specific details here.Overall,not a bad set to have especially if you attended the shows.Enjoy.
Disc One - 72:54
1) Astronomy Domine - 5:15
2) Learning To Fly - 5:54
3) What Do You Want From Me - 4:15
4) On The Turning Away - 7:13
5) Take It Back - 6:21
6) Poles Apart - 7:15
7) Sorrow - 10:56
8) Keep Talking - 6:48
9) One Of These Days - 7:31
10) Shine On You Crazy Diamond - 11:26
Disc Two - 76:39
1) Breathe - 2:52
2) Time~Breathe (reprise) - 6:37
3) High Hopes - 8:15
4) The Great Gig In The Sky - 5:19
5) Wish You Were Here - 5:40
6) Us And Them - 6:27
7) Money - 9:04
8) Another Brick In The Wall - part 2 -7:06
9) Comfortably Numb - 11:14
10) Hey You - 5:21
11) Run Like Hell - 8:44
Brought to you by:
-Chris-
C.S. Productions
www.csprodinc.com
aka
Saltshaker
Version 2 -
Pink Floyd
06-02-1994
Veterans Stadium
Philadelphia, PA
"Kill The Bastard!"
Source: Sony D3 Walkman ->TDK MA-110 cassettes
Lineage: Tascam 112mkII ->Echo Layla 3g ->Sound Forge 6.0->wav
Re-transfer/editing: Denon DN-C635(XLR out) -> Various Rack mounted components(Behringer, BBe, dbx, Presonus, motu) -> Behringer SRC2496 (Apogee Digital Coax Cable) M-Audio Delta 66 -> Wavelab5 (graphical edits, fades, crossfades, ozone4) -> CDwave -> Flacfrontend (Flac Level 8) -> Traders Little Helper (shntool, checksums)
Recording and MC Transfer to digital by Doinker
Transfer, editing and lossless compression by mtownshend
Set List:
Set One:
[04:12]01. Astronomy Domine *!!
[05:48]02. Learning To Fly
[04:09]03. What Do You Want From Me
[07:04]04. On The Turning Away
[06:05]05. Take It Back
[07:09]06. Poles Apart %
[10:45]07. Sorrow
[06:06]08. Keep Talking
[07:09]09. One Of These Days
Set Two:
[10:58]10. Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Disc One Time [01:09:25]
Disk Two:
[02:44]01. Breathe ->
[06:38]02. Time
[08:01]03. High Hopes
[05:22]04. The Great Gig In The Sky
[05:35]05. Wish You Were Here
[06:07]06. Us And Them
[08:28]07. Money %
[06:47]08. Another Brick In The Wall - Part 2
[01:50]09. Crowd #
[10:35]10. Comfortably Numb
Encores:
[01:27]11. Crowd and Banter
[04:28]12. Hey You
[00:34]13. Crowd and vamping
[01:50]14. Run Like Hell Intro (with Crowd)
[05:00]15. Run Like Hell
Disc Two Time [01:17:03]
Total Time [02:26:28]
Notes:
If you remove the three crowd tracks in the second set, you will have exactly enough room to burn this on a 74min disk (73 and some change), so to get it all, you need an 80 minute CD for the second disk.
% Tape Flip
* The start of the show and a few times during the first half, the mics were slightly jostled or moved out of sight for a second or two. I minimized as much as I was comfortable, but you will hear what sounds like a light breeze, that is the mic. movement.
! Where to start...There was a Guy and a girl next to and/or behind the mics.
The guy was intent on ruining this recording, he yelled, talked, tapped and whistled into those mics, the levels were apparently set to peak to this guys belligerence.
Then there is this girl next to the mics that put the drunk guy to shame, she carried on what seemed like a continuous conversation, taking short breaks to scream madly.
The girl's screaming schrill was as annoying as it gets, but the guy behind Doinker takes the cake.
The title of this source initially was Kill The Bitch!, but I managed to move her into a box and the primary desire was to Kill That Bastard!
I did what I was comfortable with as far as minimizing this immediate crowd noise issue. The end result, spacialy, was that the mics were virtually moved away from these sources. So you can hear them, but they are not 90% of the recording any more. With the bitch in the box and the beligerant bastard dominating, I focused on the task to kill the bastard and get it over with!
Once I was able to get control of the gain structure, the rest was just graphical edits, fades, crossfades, ozone4, but I can say that there were well over 100 or 200 individual edits to tame the recording.
These manipulations are not very apparent most of the time, but during extreme sections, you may hear a lowering of the gain for a second or two.
Enjoy!
A Doinker Tape
when you were away for a few days you posted a number of concerts (I don't think you mean what I mean when I go away for a few days!) One of these was a third concert for this date, but when I attempted to download it rapidshare said file not found. And now you don't have a third recording for this date. Was this an error, or something wrong with the recording, and it will eventually turn up here? By the way, many many thanks, from one old man to another.
Upon my return, I discovered that I had uploaded duplicates of 2 concerts. This was one of those. I simply removed the unnecessary file when I created the "official" post.
Saved you some bandwidth!
Post a Comment