Saturday, July 21, 2012

PF - 1980-02-28 - Uniondale, NY


Here

Another great show from the vaults of our friend, gp.

Also see here.

11 comments:

Dr. Forrester said...

Pink Floyd
WallPower
Silver CD Bootleg
Recorded at Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY
February 28, 1980

Ripped by gp on July 20, 2012 for upload to Heavy Balloons

Source: My Silver CD's -> EAC -> TLH (level 8 flac compression)

Set 1:
d1t01 - Introduction
d1t02 - In The Flesh?
d1t03 - Another Brick In The Wall (Part 1)
d1t04 - The Happiest Days of Our Lives
d1t05 - Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2)
d1t06 - Mother
d1t07 - Goodbye Blue Sky
d1t08 - What Shall We Do Now
d1t09 - Young Lust
d1t10 - One Of My Turns
d1t11 - Don't Leave Me Now
d1t12 - Another Brick in the Wall (Part 3)
d1t13 - Goodbye Cruel World

Set 2:
d2t01 - Hey You
d2t02 - Is There Anybody Out There
d2t03 - Nobody Home
d2t04 - Vera
d2t05 - Bring the Boys Back Home
d2t06 - Comfortably Numb
d2t07 - The Show Must Go On
d2t08 - Introduction
d2t09 - In The Flesh?
d2t10 - Run Like Hell
d2t11 - Waiting For the Worms
d2t12 - Stop
d2t13 - The Trial
d2t14 - Outside The Wall

Anonymous said...

Note to anyone doing CD rips:
It has been determined that FLAC is not entirely lossless. All levels of FLAC have some loss of quality. At low levels, the damage is minimal but crunching files at level 8 is exponentially worse, while the hard drive space saved is relatively minimal.

From what I have read, FLAC levels 0 or 1 are best. If more compression is needed, one should not exceed Level 5.

Still appreciate the posting of this rare CD. Thank you.

Unknown said...

First time that I have heard this....good to know. I sure would not have used level 8 compression had I known that in advance.

gp

Unknown said...

I can easily rerip these if it matters. Dr. F....what do you say?

Dr. Forrester said...

Sir, if you go to the trouble of re-ripping, I would happily go to the trouble of re-posting. No worries there.

Tomáš said...

to Anonymous: Please, don't make a panic! FLAC is lossless! Try to create a wav file, make its md5 checksum, than convert it to flac file and finaly decode this flac to wav file again. Compare md5s of both wav files. You'll get the same checksum. From this ground FLAC can't be lossy!
Maybe, could you cite, where you've read it?

Dear Dr. F. and "Unknown",

thank you very much for this bootleg. But when I verified md5 and ffp, I got for track ..._cd208.flac in TLH message, that this track is "possibly truncated or corrupt". Rar archive I downloaded was ok.
Could you please find out if the mistake is only on my side? Thank you very much!

Tomas

Dr. Forrester said...

The .md5 and .ffp files both verify ok for me. However, I have to say that I do not see a file with the file name that you have given in this release. Are you thinking of a different release, perhaps?

Unknown said...

Please let me know if an error has been made and I will certainly correct it immediately.

gp

I have had a couple of issues with rapidshare mgr.

Tomáš said...

Dear Dr.,

I thought this file:
Pink_Floyd_1980-02-28_Uniondale__NY_Wallpower_cd208.flac.

I made a small "research". I downloaded 198002287.rar once again. With the same result as previously.

md5 checksum of mentioned flac file is diferent from that one in "pf1980-02-28_Uniondale__NY_Wallpower_Silver.md5", ffp is the same as in info.txt file, but TLH (2.5.0) indicates that the track is "possibly truncated or corrupt".

So I played the track in JetAudio, WinAmp and VLC. It should be 2:50 long. In JetAudio it played 2:54, in WinAmp at 2:30 the track skipped to 2:26 and there was a small glitch and short repeated section. In VLC the track behaved similarly to WinAmp.

I hope I described the problem sufficiently ;-).
____________________

I've met the same problem twice yet and I wanted to mention it later but I think now is good oportunity. Please, could you check it too and if it is possible, reupload problematic files?

1)http://heavy-balloons.blogspot.com/2012/07/pf-1977-07-02-new-york-ny_14.html

track: pf1977-07-02.aud.motb.0177.s2t05.flac
TLH says: track is "possibly truncated or corrupt" (pf1977-07-02.aud.motb.0177_flac24.ffp)

When I played it in JetAudio, it stopped at 19:51 (it should have 21:12), in WinAmp it skipped from 19:49 to 19:44 and there was a glitch and short repeated section.

In 16-44 version is this problem not presented.
______________________

2) http://heavy-balloons.blogspot.com/2012/05/pf-1971-06-26-amsterdam-holland.html

rar archive: 197106262.rar
track: pf1971-06-26t05.shn
TLH says: "failed verification (checksum does not match)." (pf1971-06-26.md5)

When I play this track in WinAmp, it plays to 1:58 and than WinAmp falls down.
___________________

I hope I don't bother You too much. I have to thank You very much for your work, I really appreciate it. Thanks to You (and other uploaders - Booster, wywh, gp, ... forgot I anybody?) is my PF-boots collection as large as it is and without You it wouldn't be. Thank You.

Tomas

Dr. Forrester said...

The only thing that I can say is that the 1980-02-28 and 1971-06-26 verify just fine for me. On the other hand, many of the files for 1977-07-02 fail for me, not just one. I have no replacements for any of them, of course. I have only what you have.

Tomáš said...

I didn't mention it previously, but md5 checksums don't match for 1977-07-02. Only ffp checksums are working except for track pf1977-07-02.aud.motb.0177.s2t05.flac.

I'm really confused, don't know what I'm doing wrong. Did you verify files from .rar archive after downloading from RS or files on your HD? I don't know if error can originate by packing files into .rar archive or by uploading to RS.

Thank you for your effort anyway.

Tomas