Tuesday, July 31, 2012

PF - 1987-11-10 - Pontiac, MI


Here - Wojtek
Here - 1st gen

2 comments:

Dr. Forrester said...

Version 1 -

Pink Floyd - Pontiac 10.11.87
The Silverdome
Pontiac, Michigan, USA
10. November 1987

Source: Audience>Unknown[probably very low]>CDR[?]>(EAC>mkw0.97beta1)>shn
Quality: EX
CDR: [72:21 + 73:42]
Artwork: Wojtek

Disc 1:
1. Shine On You Crazy Diamond [11:54]
2. Signs Of Life [4:21]
3. Learning To Fly [5:43]
4. Yet Another Movie [6:06]
5. Round And Around [1:00]
6. A New Machine Part 1 [1:37]
7. Terminal Frost [6:13]
8. A New Machine Part 2 [0:36]
9. Sorrow [9:24]
10. The Dogs Of War [7:36]
11. On The Turning Away [9:46]
12. One Of These Days [8:02]

Disc 2:
1. Time [6:05]
2. On The Run [4:45]
3. Wish You Were Here [5:14]
4. Welcome To The Machine [8:48]
5. Us And Them [7:36]
6. Money [8:58]
7. Another Brick In The Wall Part 2 [6:41]
8. Comfortably Numb [10:48]
9. One Slip [6:44]
10. Run Like Hell [8:01]

Total time: 146min 03sec

Dr. Forrester said...

Version 2 -

Pink Floyd - 1987-11-10 The Silverdome, Pontiac, MI (1st gen)
Source: Audience
Quality: Ex
Location: The Silverdome, Pontiac, MI, USA
Taped by: Rob
Lineage: DAK Shotgun mics / Sony D6> cass(master) > spatial enhancer & slight eq for tape hiss reduction to TDK SA-X 90 min.> cdr > EAC > WAV > CEP2.1 (remove micro gap between tracks & repeats > CDWave (track split) > TLH > FLAC(7)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Track Listing
CD1 (64:35)
01. Shine On You Crazy Diamond 11:41
02. Signs Of Life 3:40
03. Learning To Fly 5:36
04. Yet Another Movie 7:37
05. A New Machine – part 1 1:40
06. Terminal Frost 6:12
07. A New Machine – part 2 0:44
08. Sorrow 10:03
09. Dogs Of War 8:04
10. On The Turning Away 9:14

CD2 (72:09)
01. One Of These Days 6:28
02. Time 5:36
03. On The Run 4:30
04. Wish You Were Here 4:41
05. Welcome To The Machine 8:30
06. Us And Them 7:33
07. Money 5:41
08. Another Brick In The Wall – part 2 5:40
08. Comfortably Numb 10:08
10. One Slip 6:15
11. Run Like Hell 7:00

Total: 136:45

Notes from the taper:
When I created tracks I pause the recorder...I've been told this creates a click between tracks...and sometimes they are from pauses I did during the concert to save tape space. I have not noticed this when I play them back...but some people have mentioned this before. By the time I converted the Santana, Clapton, and Allman Bros.for our trade, I figured out I can insert a track mark without pausing.The Floyds were transfered back during the summer. The overlap is due to the re-mix from the master...I slightly eq'd for reducing any hiss during transfer from the master to the re-mix, and also thru a spatial enhancer for added stereo separation. This was done back when I originally recorded the show and re-mixed shortly after. I have only played my masters once, and they are specially stored in a climate controlled environment.

Additional notes from fatoldpig:
I got this from the taper on a CDR as 14 tracks (6+8). There were micro gaps between tracks and there were also repeats in 2-3 places. I used Cool Edit pro 2.1 to combine all the tracks and then removed all the gaps & repeats (nothing is lost), then used CDWave to split tracks. No other editing or EQing is done.

Original Track Listing:
CD1
01. Shine On You Crazy Diamond 11:33
02. Signs Of Life / Learning To Fly 8:58
04. Yet Another Movie / A New Machine – part 1 / Terminal Frost / A New Machine – part 2 16:41
08. Sorrow 9:57
09. Dogs Of War 7:48
10. On The Turning Away 9:39
CD2
01. One Of These Days 6:29
02. Time / On The Run / Wish You Were Here 14:52
05. Welcome To The Machine 8:44
06. Us And Them 7:50
07. Money / Another Brick In The Wall – part 2 11:01
08. Comfortably Numb 10:00
10. One Slip 6:35
11. Run Like Hell 7:13

Total: 137:23