Tuesday, March 8, 2011

1970-09-19 - New York City (Evening Show)


2 comments:

Dr. Forrester said...

Led Zeppelin
Madison Square Gardens, New York City, NY
September 19, 1970 (Evening Show)
Audience

I have a downloaded bootleg (from God knows where) called "Have You Ever Experienced" from Tarantura 2004. This bootleg
included both the afternoon and evening performances by Led Zeppelin at Madison Square Gardens from September 19, 1970.
I have simply selected the evening show (as it is superior to the afternoonshow in both sound and performance) and generated
checksums for all the files from the evening show. This show has very good sound quality (I'd rate it at 7.5/10), but the
performance is the real deal breaker. I'd definitely place this in the top ten performances all-time for Led Zeppelin, and
possibly top 5 or better. It is the final performance of the band's 6th North American Tour and they go out in style. I
could go on and on about the performance details, but I'll let the recording speak for itself.

Disk 1
01 Immigrant Song 4:15
02 Heartbreaker 6:27
03 Dazed And Confused 16:36
04 Bring It On Home 11:58
05 That's The Way 6:43
06 Bron-Yr-Aur 2:32
07 Since I've Been Loving You 7:21
08 Thank You(includes Organ Solo) 14:43

Disc 2
01 What Is And What Should Never Be 4:48
02 Moby Dick 12:02
03 Whole Lotta Love(includes Boogie Chillun',Dust My Broom,Bottle Up And Go,Lawdy Miss Clawdy,Cinnamon Girl,Some Other Guy,
The Train Kept A Rollin',King Bee,CC Rider,Baby What Do You Want Me To Do,Honey Bee,The Lemon Song) 23:48
04 Out On The Tiles-> 3:34
05 Communication Breakdown(includes Gallows Pole) 8:24
06 The Girl Can't Help It-> 2:31
07 Talking About You-> 1:03
08 Twenty Flight Rock 1:56
09 How Many More Times(includes The Hunter, Cadillac, Blueberry Hill) 16:24

I have included the artwork from the original Tarantura 2004 release.


lineage: My silvers>EAC>WAV>FLACFRONTEND>FLAC Level 8, tested encoded files and Checksum md5 generated by Traders' Little Helper
Artwork included with scans and shots from my copy, EAC log files included

dstache said...

AUD B+, VG show, definitely a keeper, thanks Doc!