Led Zeppelin Montreux, Switzerland August 7, 1971 "Led Zeppelin A Montreux: Bon Public" A TimD Series production
Lineage: Master > DAT (Transferrer) > DAT (Collector) > CD-R (Supplier) > CD-R (TimD) > PC via EAC (TimD's PC) > Adobe Audition 3 > WAV > FLAC(8) via EAC.
Setlist:
Disc 1: 1 Immigrant Song (4:23) 2 Heartbreaker (6:46) 3 Since I've Been Lovin' You (7:43) 4 Black Dog (6:03) 5 Dazed and Confused (18:21) 6 Stairway To Heaven (10:51) 7 Going To California (5:00) 8 That's The Way (6:46) 9 Celebration Day (5:05) 10 What Is And What Should Never Be (4:31)
Disc 2: 1 Whole Lotta Love (22:57) Blues Medley 2 Weekend (3:29)
Special thanks to the taper, the anonymous source, Eddie Edwards for leaving good notes on your previous work, FBO and the members of The TimD Series, Claude Nobs, Peter Grant and Led Zeppelin.
The guy who gave me this described it like this - "i picked up from 'Collector' - he got his DAT from 'Transferrer' who transfered his DAT from the tapes - unlike the first torrent, - mine is noticeably clearer - significantly less hiss - and brighter to my ears... ...I do believe this show was recorded INSIDE rather than outside - I guess well never know - the evidence from the recording points, in my opinion to the former however"
That would make the lineage Master > DAT (Transferrer) > DAT (Collector) > CD-R (Supplier) > CD-R (TimD) > PC via EAC (TimD's PC) > Adobe Audition 3 > WAV > FLAC(8) via EAC.
This is the source previously remastered by Eddie Edwards. Re-remastered by me at the suggestion of the anonymous supplier. He also complimented Eddie's work and simply thought it was time someone gave it the full EQ treatment.
Speaking of which, I'm not going to lie to you at all about what's been done here - this recording has been twisted and turned through the vagaries of Adobe Audition 3, which is an extremely powerful mixing and mastering tool. It's been subjected to balancing of the channels, amplification (without compression,) three consecutive layers of graphic EQ, adaptive noise reduction to reduce the tape hiss produced by amplification and EQing, a slight amount of reverb to open up the recording, plus Mastering-EQ, stereo-channel width adjustment, and a full-output gain. And even then, there are sections that don't sound as good as others. Rather than attempting to shift around with a million event-EQs I've tried to create one good level for the whole show without making other parts suffer. Probably works best with Heartbreaker and not-as-well with Celebration Day, but pretty damn nice overall.
I graded this as a B+/A- AUD (Exc-). I am probably being a little generous, but I took into consideration that this was 1971 AND the high end of the recording really makes it enjoyable. I wouldn't recommend this for a beginning collector but you don't have to be an LZ completist either. Thanks for the show!
2 comments:
Led Zeppelin
Montreux, Switzerland
August 7, 1971
"Led Zeppelin A Montreux: Bon Public"
A TimD Series production
Lineage:
Master > DAT (Transferrer) > DAT (Collector) >
CD-R (Supplier) > CD-R (TimD) > PC via EAC (TimD's PC) >
Adobe Audition 3 > WAV > FLAC(8) via EAC.
Setlist:
Disc 1:
1 Immigrant Song (4:23)
2 Heartbreaker (6:46)
3 Since I've Been Lovin' You (7:43)
4 Black Dog (6:03)
5 Dazed and Confused (18:21)
6 Stairway To Heaven (10:51)
7 Going To California (5:00)
8 That's The Way (6:46)
9 Celebration Day (5:05)
10 What Is And What Should Never Be (4:31)
Disc 2:
1 Whole Lotta Love (22:57)
Blues Medley
2 Weekend (3:29)
Special thanks to the taper, the anonymous source, Eddie Edwards for
leaving good notes on your previous work, FBO and the members of The
TimD Series, Claude Nobs, Peter Grant and Led Zeppelin.
The guy who gave me this described it like this - "i picked up from
'Collector' - he got his DAT from 'Transferrer' who transfered his DAT
from the tapes - unlike the first torrent, - mine is noticeably clearer
- significantly less hiss - and brighter to my ears... ...I do believe
this show was recorded INSIDE rather than outside - I guess well never
know - the evidence from the recording points, in my opinion to the
former however"
That would make the lineage Master > DAT (Transferrer) > DAT (Collector)
> CD-R (Supplier) > CD-R (TimD) > PC via EAC (TimD's PC) > Adobe
Audition 3 > WAV > FLAC(8) via EAC.
This is the source previously remastered by Eddie Edwards.
Re-remastered by me at the suggestion of the anonymous supplier. He
also complimented Eddie's work and simply thought it was time someone
gave it the full EQ treatment.
Speaking of which, I'm not going to lie to you at all about what's been
done here - this recording has been twisted and turned through the
vagaries of Adobe Audition 3, which is an extremely powerful mixing and
mastering tool. It's been subjected to balancing of the channels,
amplification (without compression,) three consecutive layers of graphic
EQ, adaptive noise reduction to reduce the tape hiss produced by
amplification and EQing, a slight amount of reverb to open up the
recording, plus Mastering-EQ, stereo-channel width adjustment, and a
full-output gain. And even then, there are sections that don't sound as
good as others. Rather than attempting to shift around with a million
event-EQs I've tried to create one good level for the whole show without
making other parts suffer. Probably works best with Heartbreaker and
not-as-well with Celebration Day, but pretty damn nice overall.
I graded this as a B+/A- AUD (Exc-). I am probably being a little generous, but I took into consideration that this was 1971 AND the high end of the recording really makes it enjoyable. I wouldn't recommend this for a beginning collector but you don't have to be an LZ completist either. Thanks for the show!
Post a Comment